Install Opera Web browser in Ubuntu 13.04/12.10/12.04/11.10/Linux Mint
Install Opera Web browser in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring/Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal/Ubuntu 12.04/11.10/10.04/Linux Mint 14/13/12/Any Ubuntu, Mint or Ubuntu based version
Opera is an independent Scandinavian company that’s been in the business of making web browsers since 1994. Opera founders saw the internet as a way of making information free and available to everyone in the world, regardless of where they lived or how they got online.
Opera is a high-speed browser for computers. Pages and tabs load faster, even on slow internet connections. Opera checks risky sites, alerting you to potential threats. Opera privacy settings also let you surf the web without being tracked. Put all your top websites right on your homepage with Speed Dial in Opera. Add new favorites with one click. With hundreds of options, Opera extensions add useful services to the browser that give you more to discover on the web. Or choose from a variety of colorful themes to personalize the browser window. Store your bookmarks, Speed Dial sites and passwords using Opera Link, and you’ll have instant access to all your favorite stuff on the go – wherever you may go.
Features of Opera:
- Pop-up Blocking
- Integrated Search
- E-mail with RSS Newsfeed
- Tabbed Browsing
- Advanced Security
- IRC Chat
- Opera is from now 100% FREE and with NO ADS !
What’s new in this Release:
- This release fixes an issue with empty list of search engines.
- Fixed a few crashers
- CORE-48348 Posters too far down on imdb, inline-block pushed down by lone child
- Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook
- Fixed an issue where no web pages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet
- A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system
- Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset
- Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code
- Fixed an issue where use of SVG clip Paths could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by anonymous via the iSIGHT
- Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
- Fixed an issue where CORS requests could omit the preflight request, as reported by webpentest
To install Opera in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
- sudo sh -c ‘echo “deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ stable non-free” >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera.list’
- sudo sh -c ‘wget -O – http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | apt-key add -’
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install opera