This is a very common question and I have heard it many times from people who have accidentally deleted their important files and want to have them back.
Based on that, I am writing this step by step guide to help you recover deleted files from Recycle bin with ease and faster. You really do not need to take your computer to data recovery experts and pay them huge sum of money to get your files restored. You can do this yourself at the comfort of your home/office without spending a fortune.
First of all, you do not need to worry If the file you deleted was very important to you because It is still very likely that you will be able to get it back. I would suggest you take some precautions so that you do not lessen the chances of recovering the deleted files:
1. Stop using the computer from the moment you realize that you have deleted a file and it is not in the recycle bin either. This is to ensure that the space occupied by the deleted files do not get overwritten.
2. Do not write any new files on the partition (or Drive) from where you have deleted the file. Please note that when you deleted a file, that space is marked as free for future use but the file is still recoverable. If you write any new files on the disk, the space occupied by deleted file will be taken by the new file and hence the deleted file might not be recoverable. This happens in very fewer instances but you still need to be careful.
Now please follow these steps literally to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin:
- . First of all, please Download This Free Data Recovery Software and install it in your system. The name of this software is EaseUS Data Recovery Software and it is the most powerful data recovery software I have ever used. After downloading, please install the software in your system and now you are ready to recover deleted files from recycle bin.
- On the main screen, you will see two options. Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Since we are looking to get deleted files back from emptied recycle bin, you need to click on Deep scan button. This is where you will see the option of recovering recycle bin files.
Now in the Mounted Volume panel where you see all the partitions (or drives) of your hard disk, you need to select the drive on which you have installed Windows Operating System. This is because normally, Recycle Bin folder is created on this drive. Though, If you are not sure, you can check all the partitions.
- Now you need to click on Start Scan button and allow the software to perform a deep scan of your hard disk clusters. This is where the partition recovery software will find the deleted files and there is no way to do this manually. The software will start scanning the partition and you will see a progress bar indicating the progress. You may need to wait for a minute or two before the scan is complete.
- During scanning, the software will find the deleted files and create a list of those files and categorize them automatically. This categorization just helps you find the file easily. For example, If you have deleted photos, you can simply look in Images category and find the file. Here is a screen shot of software once it finished the scanning:
- You will see a Plus sign in front of the all the found items. You can click on that Plus sign to expand the list and see the real file names which have been found on hard disk. If you want to see the file, just hover on the file name and the software will show a preview of file. Now If you want to recover that file, select it and click on Recover button.
That is all. The files will be recovered to location which is showed at the bottom of the software.